Wondering if there are any decent alternatives to the Noom diet app? While we’re big fans of Noom around here, it’s not always the right choice for everyone.
If you fall into this category, consider yourself lucky, because there are plenty of great Noom Alternatives that can fit a variety of dietary needs, lifestyles, and budgets.
Here are the alternative diets will be discussing in this report:
- myWW (Weight Watchers)
- Trim Down Club
Each of these diets differ from Noom, and all are great alternatives for a lot of people. WW and Trim Down Club are fairly similar to Noom, but have different pricing points and features that may make them a better choice for you when compared to Noom.
Nutrisystem, on the other hand is totally different than Noom. It’s included here, because a lot of people prefer a done-for-your diet that makes weight loss very easy and straightforward. It’s a meal delivery diet, so if you like the idea of having most your food choices made for you, then you may want to nudge Nutrisystem to the top of your list.
With those things in mind, let’s dig into these diets in more detail. By the end of this report, you’ll hopefully know if you want to try Noom, or one of the other diets on our list.
We’ll get things started with a look at WW (Weight Watchers).
1. myWW (Weight Watchers): Most Similar to Noom
WW (Weight Watchers ) recently launched a new program called myWW. It’s a customized diet plan, that they say has been proven to make weight loss easier.
How it Works
myWW is guided by many of the same principles that have always made Weight Watchers such a popular diet option. That includes using a points-based system for tracking your food and exercise. Now, though, they’ve taken their level of personalization up a few notches with the release of myWW.
Here’s how you can get started:
- Complete Your Personal WW Assessment: This helps them better understand your personal preferences and lifestyle better.
- Get access to a weight loss program that has been designed just for you.
- Option of attending in-Studio meetings and/or get 24/7 coaching support via your app.
- Make smarter eating and exercise choices with your daily SmartPoints budget.
- Use the app, the coaching, and in-person meetings (optional) to reach your diet and health goals.
What Makes it Similar to Noom?
If you’re looking for a diet plan that is the most similar to Noom, then we’d say WW is the top choice. The two diet apps are very similar.
- Offer Coaching
- Connect You with a Community via the App
- Have a Huge Food Database
- Teach You Healthy Eating and Exercise Habits
- Are Largely App-Based
- Pricing is very similar
What Makes Them Different?
While Noom and Weight Watchers have a lot in common, there are a few things that make them different from each other a well.
These differences include:
- WW uses points to help you learn healthy eating and exercise habits
- WW offers in-person meetings and coaching
- WW has several different plan options to pick from, while Noom offers one main plan
- WW has been around for decades, Noom is the “New Kid on the Block”
- WW has been named the number 1 diet for weight loss by U.S. News & World Report for 10 years running
Who Should Join myWW?
In terms of pricing, WW and Noom are pretty much on par with each other. You can bring the price of Noom down substantially if you commit to months at a time. For example, if you opt for month-to-month, its about $59 per month to use their services. If you purchase a 12-month subscription all at once, though, you can bring the monthly price down to about $20 per month.
Here are a few factors, though, that may make WW more appealing to some people when compared to Noom:
- In-Person Meeting and Coaching: If you like the idea of attending in-person meetings and coaching sessions, then WW is your choice.
- SmartPoints: WW pretty much invented to points system for tracking food and exercise, and it’s been proven to work great.
- WW has the longer track-record of success: Noom still works great, though, too.
Ready to Learn More about WW?
If the new myWW sounds like a good fit, then you can learn more at their website.
While Noom and WW can work great for a lot of people, others prefer a more done-for-your program to get started. Maybe you’re super busy, don’t like meal prepping and planning, or just really dislike going to the grocery store (that’s me ;-)).
Whatever the reason, millions of people turn to Nutrisystem every year (read our review), and a lot of them enjoy great weight loss results using their diet delivery program.
If a meal delivery diet sounds more appealing to you than the app-based diet plans like WW and Noom, then we suggest considering Nutrisystem.
How it Works
When you sign up with Nutrisystem, expect to get a month’s worth of food sent to you every month, as long as you’re a member. Eat the food, stick to the plan, and lose an average of 1 to 2 pounds each week.
To get things started quickly, their new Personal Plans program can help people lose up to 18 pounds during their first month on the diet.
Here’s how the diet plan works, if you decide to join:
- Eat 6 times per day: Most of your meals and snacks provided by Nutrisystem
- Menu built around balanced nutrition designed to maximize weight loss
- New Personal Plans designed to utilize your body’s natural fat-burning mode
- No guesswork: Just eat the food and follow their plan
- Mix in moderate exercise
- Weekly flex meals: Meals you make at home or eat at restaurants
- Plans for Special Diets including vegetarians and people with type 2 diabetes
What Makes Nutrisystem Similar to Noom?
Not much really. In fact, these two diets are pretty much the complete opposite. With Noom you’ll use their app to help you build a meal plan, and will be on your own to make meals, snacks etc.
Nutrisystem provides you with a 28-day supply of meals and snacks as part of your membership.
What Makes them Different?
We pretty much answered this above, but here goes again: Nutrisystem is a meal delivery diet program, Noom is an app-based diet plan. Nutrisystem provides you with most of your food for the month, Noom doesn’t provide you with any food.
Noom also offers coaching via their app, which something Nutrisystem doesn’t currently offer. Nutrisytem does have weight loss counselors available via phone or email, though, and they are there to offer whatever diet support or answers questions/concerns you may have.
Nutrisystem does offer a free app, called NuMi. It’s also very useful and has a bunch of tools to help your reach your goals, so be sure to use it should you decide to join.
Who Should Join Nutrisystem?
If diet delivery sounds appealing to you, then we suggest considering Nutrisystem. It’s the most-popular meal delivery diet in the world, and they’ve been helping people lose weight for more than 30 years.
If you want a diet that eliminates guessworks, provides most of your food for the month, and is easy to follow, then Nutrisystem may be just what you’ve been looking for.
Ready to Learn More About Nutrisystem?
Get more details, see their menu, plans, and pricing options at the Nutrisytem website:
3. Trim Down Club
For some, bells and whistles are a turn off. If you’re looking for a simple, yet effective weight loss program, then consider Trim Down Club as an option. No fancy apps or frills here, just a system that’s been shown to help people lose weight.
Trim Down Club does have a website that you’ll access everything you need for weight loss success.
It also happens to be the most cost-effective diet on our list.
How it Works
Everything has an app these days, why doesn’t Trim Down Club? Well, they keep things simple, and for a lot us, that’s great. You will access their diet plan through a membership website.
Once you’re in the member’s area, you’ll enjoy access to:
- A Customizable 8-Week Weight Loss Plan
- Personalized Menu Planner (Based on your dietary preferences and needs)
- Recipe Database
- Diet Journal
- Progress Tracking
- Grocery Shopping List
- Learn the Foods to Eat and Those to Avoid
- Live Forums: Connect and chat with other Trim Down Club members. Ask questions, get support, and more.\
What Makes Trim Down Club Similar to Noom?
Trim Down Club and Noom have a lot of differences, but there are a few similarities to consider too:
- Teach you healthy eating habits
- Large food databases
- Join other members in their “Communities”. Chat, get support, and more.
- Menu planners and grocery guides
- On your own for making meals and making smart choices while dining at restaurants (of course, they offer tips for dining out)
What Makes Them Different?
Everything with Noom is run through their app, while Trim Down Club doesn’t currently offer an app. Beyond that, there are couple of other key differences:
- Coaching: Noom pairs you with a coach when you join. Trim Down Club doesn’t offer 1-to-1 coaching.
- The App: As mentioned, Noom is an app. You can still use Trim Down Club from a smartphone or tablet, but you’ll access it via your internet browser vs. an app.
- Price: Trim Down Club is the much cheaper alternative. It costs $1.99 to join. After that it’s only $9.90 per month to keep your membership.
Who Should Consider Trim Down Club?
If you want a simple, yet effective weight loss program, that is also one of the most affordable diets we’ve reviewed, then we recommend considering Trim Down Club.
On top of that, they connect with a community via their live forums, so you can connect with members, build a sense of community, and get support from Trim Down Club’s team of weight loss experts.
Ready to Learn More About Trim Down Club?
If Trim Down Club sounds like the right fit for you, then head to their website. Right now, it’s just $1.99 to join.
While Noom is one of the fastest growing diet communities in the world, it’s not always the right choice for everyone. That doesn’t mean we don’t recommend it, though. In fact, Noom is one of our top-rated diets: Read our Noom review to see why.
If you don’t feel like Noom is right for you, then we recommend checking out one of the other highly-rated diet plans that we’ve outlined above.
Some are cheaper (Trim Down Club), while others are just a totally different approach to weight loss (Nutrisystem). Either way, find a plan that meets your needs, lifestyle, and fits your budget.